Friday, October 19, 2012

Inspired Stamps- 12 weeks of Christmas

Welcome to week 3 of Inspired Stamps 12 weeks of Christmas tutorial.  Today I made a set of coasters and a coffee wrap.  This would make a great gift for any coffee or tea drinker in your life.  Here are the supplies you will need to gather: tiles from the local home improvement store ( I usually buy Rialto white but could not find this time so used Agora almond), Staz-On ink, Staz-On ink cleaner, felt pads, stamps, plain cup wrap, rubbing alcohol.


 I cleaned all the tiles with rubbing alcohol and let dry and then stamped the verse and image on the tile.  Tip:  it is a good idea to leave the rubbing alcohol and a rag (I use old socks) nearby in case the image does not stamp evenly on the tile.  If you move quickly you can "wash" it off and re-try.  After I stamped my set of coasters with Proverbs 3:5 verse and tree from Ask, Seek and Knock set. I baked in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.  I also seal the coasters with spray acrylic, since wet drinks will be set on them you do not want ink to come off.  I then add the felt pads to the bottom.  This allows them to sit on furniture without scratching.


 Here is the finished wrap and coaster.  You could add a gift card or chocolates or tea bags inside the cup and wrap in a cello bag.  Below you can see my finished set of coasters.  I have seen similar sets in "crafty" shops for much more than it will cost you to make them.  I do suggest that you clean your stamps with Staz-On cleaner as soon as you finish to prevent a build up.

 I also have a stash of chipboard coasters.  I bought them on clearance, thinking I could alter them someday.  So this was the day.  You can see what they looked like to begin with and the finished product. I used Be Still Silhouettes for this coaster and distressed with distress inks.
I cut a piece of 4X4 piece of cardstock and stamped images.
 I used matte and seal by Ranger to attach paper to chipboard and then used sharp scissors to cut off excess and round corners of cardstock.  I also covered the back in the brown striped dp.  I then coated the coasters with more matte and seal to waterproof.  Quick and easy.  Let me know what you think and have a great day.  Be sure to check back each Friday at the Inspired Stamps Blog to see the new post for the 12 weeks of Christmas.  There are sure to be great ideas that you can use to handcraft your own Christmas gifts.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. What a great Christmas gift idea! Whoever receives this is going to feel so loved :)

    ReplyDelete